SSA Gallery

The Society of Scottish Armigers
Home > WA Religious
Click to view full size image
Holy Trinity
Holy Trinity

ARMS: Gules the symbol of the Holy Trinity argent lettered sable

SOURCE/NOTES & CREDITS:

Blazon by D.Q. Wedvick and reworked by J.H. Gaylor. The “Attributed Arms” of the Holy Trinity, also known as Arms of the Faith or Scutum Fidei date to the High Middle ages when they were widely used and are shown in the “Chronica Majora” by Matthew Paris, written and illustrated between 1250 and 1259 at St. Albans. Source reference is “The Heraldic Imagination”, by Rodney Dennys ( Somerset Herald in England ) Clarkson N. Potter, New York, 1975, pages 93-94.

The artwork is a rendering by John Hamilton Gaylor.

Wedvick Armorial, 062c, Holy Trinity, 2008 0722
Dundonald2142.jpg Mrs_George_Swinton.jpg Holy_Trinity_66~0.jpg Stodart1235.jpg annandale.JPG
Rate this file (current rating : 0.7 / 5 with 3 votes)
Rubbish
Poor
Fair
Good
Excellent
Great